Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh why do I do this?

You all know I've recently started a course in Herbalism. I'm having a bit of difficulty making time for studying but I know things will surely settle down here before long. I'm hoping to finish up the reading on the Nervous System this weekend and then settle in to get my first homework out of the way. And I'll go out to the storage area and bring in some baby food jars so I can make small amounts of some tinctures, which is also part of the homework. The course is self-paced so everything's cool there.

What makes me wonder about my sanity is that I've just signed up for the first class in a course of banking studies. I'm interested in furthering my banking knowledge and I need to do more work-related development. I know that this isn't something that I'm going to be dedicated enough with to do this with a self-paced program of study so I signed up for the instructor-led online course. I'll have a lesson and homework assignment each week as well as some self-evaluation quizzes. I know I haven't recovered from surgery yet - my stamina level is in the basement and I tire easily, so I'm hoping I haven't taken on more than I should have right now. Especially with summer coming up and I'm going to have to do my own yard work this year because it's just too costly to keep the yard crew coming.

I've always been an optimist though and "It'll work out," or "We'll make it be okay," are phrases that people hear me say a lot because I truly believe things will always work out and be okay. Even if it doesn't seem like it at first. SO, it'll all work out and it'll be okay. I'll do what I must to keep up with the banking classes and I'll use the herbalism study as a reward. In other words, no tinkering in the mad scientist's kitchen until the banking is done!

I'll let you know how that all goes...

No comments: